70b George Street,
Wakefield city centre is home to a luminous star that is Neon Workshops; devoted entirely to neon art they run a regular programme of sculpture courses which are suitable for beginners right through to expert level.
Resident artist Richard Wheater, who is also a founder of Artwalk Wakefield, and the other artists at the workshop produce and organize works of art for global exhibitions as well as producing amazing exhibitions of their very own. So if you have a burning desire to become a dazzling beacon in the world of neon you won’t go far wrong at Neon Workshops in Wakefield.
There’s a range of courses to suit everyone. Choose from:
- One to one tuition days offer an intensive training experience where you can tailor the session to your needs
- One day course where you will be joined by five other eager neon novices
- Taster Sessions offer an exciting two hour learn and make session
- Unique Experiences
SE 330205 53.67991 -1.50186
We are located just off the one-way stretch of George Street, look out for the white neon sign!
By Public Transport:
Neon Workshops is conveniently located in the centre of Wakefield on George Street which runs parallel to Westgate, where both Westgate Railway Station and many bus stops are located. Both no more than 5 mins walk.
- Disabled toilets
- Education/study area
- Facilities for educational visits
- Public toilets
- Facilities for conferencing
- Disabled access
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Smoking not allowed