Explore the open grassland, wander through the woodland and watch the wildlife meander around the ponds at Fitzwilliam Country Park.
Keep your eyes out for water vole, skylarks, buzzards and meadow pipit as you explore the park along the accessible for all paths.
Looking for a different experience? Hunt for wild water creatures as you try your hand at pond dipping or search for a big catch as you go fishing. Low platforms around the park enable you to have a go at both activities. What creatures will you find?
Open all the time
SE 415153 53.63310 -1.37265
The park is within 30 minutes drive of Wakefield, Doncaster, pontefract and the A1, M1 and M62 motorways.
The park has a small car park on site.
By Public Transport:
Nearest train station: Fitzwilliam Railway Station
Nearest bus station: Pontefract/Wakefield Bus Station
- Grounds for outdoor activities
- Children welcome
- Dogs accepted
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children