image for Museum item typeFeeatherstone Museum Hub at Featherstone Rovers RLFC

Museum, free entry

Featherstone Rovers Museum Hub

Featherstone Rovers Museum Hub

Address

The LD Nutrition Stadium,
Post Office Road,
Featherstone,
WF7 5EN

Details

Featherstone Trinity Rugby Union Football Club was formed in 1889, becoming Featherstone Rovers in 1902. At this time almost all the players were local miners, earning the club the nickname ‘The Colliers’. The current club mascot is Percy the Pit Pony, a reference to the town’s mining heritage.

Rovers became semi-professional in 1921, being accepted into the Senior League of the Northern Rugby Football Union. They won the Yorkshire Cup for the first time in 1940 against local rivals, Wakefield Trinity.

Featherstone Rovers reached their first Challenge Cup final in 1952. They went on to win the cup three times in 1967, 1973 and 1983 and in 1977 were crowned League Champions. From 2010, Rovers reached four successive Championship Grand finals, winning in 2011.

This display features a selection of objects reflecting the long history of the club.

Baby changing facilitiesDisabled toilets

Prices

Free entry

Location

Directions

See location of Featherstone Rovers RLFC on Google mapsSee location on Google maps

Map reference: SE 425203  Lat: 53.67808 Long: -1.35684

Facilities

  • Baby changing facilitiesBaby changing facilities
  • Disabled toiletsDisabled toilets